Sektor: Zdravotníctvo a sociálna starostlivosť
Úroveň pozície: Specialist
Plat: 1300 EUR/month
Lékaři bez hranic / Doctors without borders / Médecins sans frontiers (MSF) is an independent, international medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, exclusion from healthcare and natural disasters.
Our teams provide medical care for millions of patients every year in many different types of projects in more than 70 countries around the world. In 1999 MSF was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
The main goals of the Czech office include recruitment of new employees for missions abroad, fundraising and informing the public about our work.
WORK ABROAD AS GYNECOLOGIST FOR NGO
Have you ever thought of doing a challenging job abroad? Would you like to use your professional skills to improve somebody’s life? Are you willing to leave your family for several months to go and work in a developing country?
If you answered “yes” to at least one of these questions, read further!
During their mission, gynaecologists often have to work with the most basic technical equipment and under difficult circumstances. Wide practical experience is therefore necessary. The on-location work of gynaecologists ranges from emergency and ambulatory gynaecology and general obstetrics to gynaecological or obstetric surgeries.
- Dealing with all areas of obstetrics: emergency and ambulatory treatments, surgical ward, labour room, maternity ward.
- Coordination of local staff, training and supervising them
- Handling gynaecological or obstetric surgery (C-section)
- Before you can submit your application, you are obliged to attend an official Information session where you will learn more about the organization and its work and speak with experienced field personnel regarding the roles in the field.
- Once your application passes the initial screening, we will check your professional/technical qualifications.
- Suitable candidates will then be invited to take part in an interview and assessment.
- Working contract for the duration of the assignment with a monthly gross salary of 1,300 EUR
- Length of contract: Limited (temporary)
- Demanding but also very rewarding work
- Working as part of a multicultural team
- Coverage of all mission-related costs (travel, accommodation, insurance)
- Professional and personal enrichment
- Completed medical specialist training
- Professional experience, as diverse as possible
- Availability for a mission of up to 3 months
- Very good knowledge of English is essential, other languages (in particular French) are a major advantage
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) / Doctors Without Borders is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters, and healthcare exclusion. MSF offers assistance to people in need and irrespective of race, religion, gender, or political affiliation. MSF’s actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of impartiality, independence, and neutrality. Over 90% of the organization’s funding comes from individual private donors giving small amounts.
The organization was founded in 1971 in France by a group of doctors and journalists in the wake of war and famine in Biafra, Nigeria. Their aim was to establish an independent organization that focuses on delivering emergency medicine aid quickly, effectively and impartially. Three hundred volunteers made up the organization when it was founded: doctors, nurses and other staff, including the 13 founding doctors and journalists.
Today, MSF is a worldwide movement of more than 42,000 people working in 21 sections, 12 branch offices, 5 Operational Centres and three supply centres worldwide. There are as many IT departments as sections, and together they support more than 22,000 system users spread over MSF offices and missions across the globe. To gain in efficiency and improve end-user experience, MSF has decided to build its own Shared IT Services (SITS) Centre in Prague.